Friday, February 25, 2011

Marshmallow Lollipops: Valentine Edition


Yes, I am aware of the fact that Valentine's Day was almost two weeks ago. However, let's just see this post as being extremely early for next year. We went to a chocolate expo at the beginning of the month and although I enjoyed samplings of different chocolates, I did not enjoy their prices. (I'm talking to you, $9 for a waffle place!)
Another company was also selling these cute darling Marshmallow Pops. At $2 a stick. I figured I could just make these at home and save me some money. What I didn't know was not only were they inexpensive, they were also extremely easy and fun to make. You can make these anytime, not just for Valentine's Day. Just switch out the decorations for the occasion.


*Strawberry Marshmallows
*Chocolate (I used Semi-Sweet Squares)
*Lollipop Sticks (Go to Michael's and bring a printed out 40% or 50% coupon!)
*Sprinkles


1. Push a stick into each marshmallow


2. Melt chocolate. (10 seconds in the microwave and stir. Repeat until just melted and smooth)


3. Dip one marshmallow at a time in chocolate.


4. Let excess chocolate drip off then sprinkle on decorations of your choice.


5. Allow chocolate to set. (Had to get my McGyver on)


6. Share with friends. (Amaya at her StoryTime Valentine's Day Party)


Love, Light, and Lollipops, MARS

No comments:

Post a Comment