Friday, February 11, 2011

100 Books In 365 Days: Books 6-10

Number 3 on my Year List is to read 100 books in 365 days. Now that I am not working, I figured I would use the opportunity to catch up on my reading. I am reading anything from childhood classics to spiritual non-fiction.

Here are Books 6 to 10:


6. Are You There Vodka? It's me, Chelsea- Chelsea Handler (Hilarious. Very rare that a book has me laughing out loud. Not once, but several times.)


7. Mary Poppins- P.L. Travers (Why did I not know until this year that Mary Poppins was a book first? Another lesson learned: Great films are usually great books first.)




8. The Outsiders- S.E. Hinton (I never finished it in high school. Me being a REBEL! I thoroughly enjoyed it. Then I saw the movie. Drool, slobber, drool. Lowe, Swayze, Cruise, Estevez, Dillon. That is all.)




9. The Lonely Polygamist- Brady Udall  (Bit of a slow read but the story was fascinating. 4 wives, 28 children, and still lonely?)




10. The Confession- John Grisham (One of my favorite authors, but this book wasn't as great as his previous work. Overall still good and I agree with his stance on capital punishment whole-heartedly )




I am still taking recommendations and suggestions! Would love to look at your own book lists. 


Love, Light, and Books, MARS



No comments:

Post a Comment