Monday, November 29, 2010

Humble Gratefulness

Humble Experience: Being unemployed for the first time since 15 years old
Grateful Lesson: Being able to spend Quality Time (Homeschooling, Instilling Values, Laughing ) with my daughter

Humble Experience: Becoming single again after 4 committed (but tumultuous) years and 1 child
Grateful Lesson: Finding the person I once was before the chaos; creative, strong, independent.

Humble Experience: Going from exorbitant spending to coupon-clipping and money-budgeting
Grateful Lesson: Learning how to value memories of laughing around the dinner table over material objects.

Humble Experience: Admitting that I don't know everything.
Grateful Lesson: Realizing nobody does.

Humble Experience: Leaving home and moving in with my mother at 26 years old
Grateful Lesson: Finally understanding that my mother is my HOME






I am so thankful for everything God has blessed me with this year (good and bad). I strive to remember to give Thanks every other day of the year. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Love and Light, MARS

1 comment:

  1. Many times, we don't truly appreciate what we have until it is taken away for a moment. Not true in every situation, but I am specifically referring to the finer, less prominent details in one's life that are usually taken for granted.

    I am glad that you are able to realize how humbling experiences can be ... and know this love, that it only makes you stronger and more prepared in life. We should always thank God for what we have and many times, it's just a test ... to see if you hold steadfast on the right path.

    I am glad you are with your mommy, take lots of care ... parents need children, when they are old and not as active as they used to be. Beautiful pictures, and you have a beautiful smile ... seeing you smile somehow made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete